brown and pink

Monday, November 9, 2009

New Traditions I

This is the start of our third week in San Jose. We are slowly getting settled. We are finding out, much like Cancun, it takes a while to get things checked off of your to do list. We are developing our own new traditions quickly here. I wanted to share a few with pictures.


-Fresh tropical flowers from the farmer's market


- feeding our daily visitor. We call him Bobo (the common name for this type of bird here). Bobo likes fresh fruit so we share a little from breakfast with him.

-baking with fresh fruit- almost daily! mmmmm
I made this apple dumpling for breakfast one morning. It was like individual apple pies- for BREAKFAST! So yummy.
Our family is enjoying starting new traditions together. Go out today and find a new tradition you can do with your family. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous - sigh - I'm glad you are enjoying the flowers, the birds, and the fruit!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bobo... look at him!
    what a fun little visitor to have swing by!

    lots of brilliant color there it seems!
    AND fruit... yumola!
    the girlies would LOVE that!

    how is the house settling coming along?

    good for you... all the new traditions... they'll be precious memories stamped on your hearts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaycee - are the dumplings gluten free? and if so can I have the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the dumplings were not gluten free. I made some cinnamon apples for Davin (the filling of the dumplings). I did just find some gluten free bread mixes here though that are made in Costa Rica. I am going to start experimenting with those soon.

    ReplyDelete